“The only way to deal with an unhealthy world is to become so absolutely healthy that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
—The Healthy Rebellion (adapted from Albert Camus)
The Healthy Rebellion is a new community. A new network of like-minded people.
I created The Healthy Rebellion (THR) to bring together the people most important to me in a way that’s focused, valuable, and—most importantly—all our own.
There’s no question it’s a different approach.
And a new one, which may have a bit of a learning curve. I could have created a group somewhere else, but I chose this path for a few key reasons:
- It’s Ours. As we build this community together, we have some great features for creating exclusive content, deeper conversations, richer polls, and online or in-real-life events (when we decide to turn those on).
- There are More Ways for You to Meet Each Other. This community gives you more ways to connect with like-minded people who are near you, and who care about the same topics and values. We can’t get that in free groups or on a website elsewhere.
- I Can Bring Together More in One Place. Right now, I’m juggling a bunch of services in different places. It doesn’t necessarily allow me to create the best experience for you. By launching this community, I can introduce you to more people, unlock valuable collaborations and exclusive content, and I’m freed up to bring you new, fresh ideas and practices to take into your daily life.
1,000,000 people liberated from the sick care system.
How Will We Complete This Mission?
Changing the world is no small task. But I’ve been at ground zero of global change more than a few times: I co-founded the 1st and 4th CrossFit affiliate gyms (for reference there were over 15,000 CrossFit gyms in 2018) and I helped to launch the Paleo Diet/Ancestral Health movements. My first published article on Intermittent Fasting was in 2005.
Whatever the critics might have to say on these topics, both CrossFit and Paleo changed the conversation and behavior surrounding nutrition and fitness just about everywhere.
If other folks can change the world, so can we.
So how should you get started?
- Save yourself first/get your house in order. If you are sick, overextended financially, stressed, and hating life, the best thing you can do for yourself and the world is to get healthy, stable, and ready to take action. Yes, we have a lot of work to do but we can’t do it by spawning millions of co-dependents that put “everything else” ahead of our own health and peace of mind.
- Help someone else. Once most folks experience the profound transformation that the Ancestral Health model provides they often find themselves wondering, “What next?”. The information you now possess and the story you can share can dramatically improve the lives of your friends, family, and community. We are working on material to help you reach out to your social connections, be these churches, civic organizations, etc. to help them understand the predicament we all face and the options we have to improve our lives.
- Leave a legacy. Most people agree that if they could do one thing with their lives it would be to leave the world a better place than the one they entered. We live at an interesting point in time when hopelessness and despair are the currencies of those who seek to manipulate and control us. Yes, we have significant challenges ahead of us, but who in the history of humanity did not face such challenges? Perhaps the most profound legacy we can all leave is by fostering a regenerative food system that not only nourishes people, but lends itself to a stable and dynamic ecology, economy and can last indefinitely. The “efficiencies” of the current intensive farming practices are impressive from the perspective of innovation and hard work, but they ignore the externalities of damage and loss to cultures, ecology and our health. We can acknowledge and learn from the work of those who came before us but we can also endeavor to do better.
Together, we will share information, experiences, and research on the topics of Personalized Nutrition, Metabolic Flexibility, Resilient Aging, Sustainable Living, Regenerative Agriculture, and so much more.
The Current State Of Our World:
I wish I had a glowing report of where we currently are as a population when it comes to our average health and access to information. However, it’s pretty difficult to put on rose colored glasses when you see the increasing number of sick people and decreasing accessibility to the information that can help said people.
But that’s why we’re here right? You’re aware that the status quo just won’t cut it. Click the titles of each of the following to discover more.
- Industrial Food System: How our society’s food industry is currently set up + how and WHY we got to the point…
- Sick Care System: This is our Western healthcare system—what it’s seen as responsible for now and what it should and should NOT be responsible for. I’ll refer to this system a lot in THR.
- Information Monopolies: The internet has given us the greatest access to the largest amount of information ever in history. However, it’s also led to some questionable censorship.
As a Health Rebel, we believe…
- The Ancestral Health Model, which includes knowledge of sleep, nutrition, community and movement, is the ONLY effective medicine for dealing with or avoiding chronic degenerative disease.
- When medical intervention is necessary, it should address root cause, not symptom suppression. To date, some form of “Functional Medicine” best addresses this need.
- A healthy populace, be it local or global, is only possible with a stable, healthy, food system.
- A stable food system (one that can last indefinitely) must:
- Be decentralized in production, while allowing for the economies of scale via centralized distribution.
- Be regenerative in nature
- Embrace opportunities and challenges of food grown at the local level.
- Acknowledge the intricacies and cultural sovereignty of the local population.
- If the above occurs, healthcare will largely be reduced to trauma, infection and inheritable conditions.
This Community Belongs To All Of Us.
To make this Rebellion a reality, I need your help. We all do.
Come, contribute a story, experience, or idea. You’re building a knowledge base that every single member of this community can tap to make better decisions, and improve their life.
Let’s Rock & Roll!
You might be asking yourself, what’s the best way to get started here. The answer is simple. Sign up to join us now…