“To be interested in food but not in food production is clearly absurd.” – Wendell Berry
I couldn’t agree more with that quote. The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook is going to really get folks excited about cooking, sourcing and even growing their own healthy food!
Even if you’re not in a position to grow your own food, it’s important to understand sustainable food production in order to be a better—and healthier! —consumer. This book is designed for everyone, whether you live in a farmhouse, an apartment, or a house in the suburbs. For some, I believe that this book will be your “gateway drug” to changing your life and becoming part of the solution.
This book could be your field guide to changing the world!
Here’s a quick overview:
The Case for Sustainable Paleo Living
- How eating a biologically appropriate diet is better for our health
- Why the Paleo diet can also be good for the environment
- How your food purchases can support more than just six-pack abs
- The benefits of a decentralized food system
- 10 questions to ask your farmer
- Why fair trade is so important
Raising and Growing
- A complete guide to raising chickens, goats, sheep, rabbits, bees, and cows
- Special sections on how to: purchase sustainable seafood, forage for wild plants, and get started with hunting
- Complete instructions for building healthy soil through composting, constructing raised beds, starting seeds, and growing vegetables
- Helpful diagrams to inspire both urban and suburban homesteaders
- Over 100 gluten-free, seasonal, farm-to-table recipes
- All ingredients are seasonally sourced (there’s no tomatoes mingling with asparagus in these dishes!)
- Helpful boxes provide Whole30, nut-free, egg-free, and AIP options and offer suggestions for substituting ingredients
- Special how-to sections include canning tomatoes, freezing greens, and caring for cast iron
- Why getting out into nature and enjoying free play is so important, especially for kids
- How to spend money wisely and still eat great
- How to: build a fairy house, start a fire, host a clambake, roast a pig, play capture the flag, and much more
- Special sections on giving back to the community and paying it forward
So, be sure to reserve your copy today! Diana has a promotion going on her blog, when you enter your order number by March 10th, you can download a 48-page preview copy which includes special offers from US Wellness Meats, Barefoot Provisions, Fat Face Skin Care and many more paleo-friendly companies. And while you’re at it, check out her videos about sustainable agriculture and cooking, and her podcast, The Modern Farm Girls.