No. No it’s not.
WholeFoods or WholePayCheck?
- 9.15 lbs of [email protected] $1.39 per lb
- 16.7 lbs of [email protected] $3.99 per lb
- Total cost: $81.10
- Total carnage: ~25lbs
Here is what that all looked like:
“But Robb! That is still too expensive for me!”
Here is another staple, a gallon of coconut oil:
“But Robb! How long will that last you!?”
“But I want to save the world! Shouldn’t we eat organic and grass-fed”
- Hippy Excuse for Failure #1: I can’t find grass-fed meat…so I’ll eat a bagel.
- Hippy Excuse for Failure #2: I can’t find organic produce…so I’ll eat a bagel.
But I’m a starving college student!
Ahh…the College Student. Let’s take a walk down memory lane to create some framework here!
Robb, I’m REALLY broke
- Paleo is affordable.
- Everyone has a different situation and must adapt to it.
- Understanding your finances may liberate some cash you were previously squandering.
- Many of our problems are an outgrowth of a diet and lifestyle at odds with our genetics.
- If you really understand #4 we can quit feeling bad and make effective changes.
- The coconut oil ends up at 399 calories/dollar
- Kerry’s Irish Gold butter is 400 calories/dollar (At $4.00 a stick)