Book Update!

Well, it was kinda anticlimactic but I finished my rough draft last week. I need to re-work a ton of material, generate charts, graphs and support material but the push for the bulk of the material to be in by April 4 was met. Big thanks again to Mat and Yael for the help and thank you to everyone for the support and interest. We are in NJ and NY this weekend! Cannot wait for that!

Comments

1. Jules
    April 5, 2010 at 9:55 am

WOO-HOO! Patron for everyone! Nicely done sir – we’re looking forward to it (that and a visit from you and your better half in the ATL).
    :-)

2. Amy
    April 5, 2010 at 2:38 pm

AWESOME!! It’s gonna be well worth the wait! :)

3. Cameron
    April 5, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Can’t wait! Congrats on making the deadline.

4. Josh Bryan
    April 5, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I can’t wait. I’ll see you in Brooklyn on Sunday. Perhaps I’ll be able to introduce myself if the throngs of folks will allow!

5. Brandon
    April 5, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Awesome dude! I look forward to reading it.

6. Sundog
    April 5, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Nice work Robb! Can’t wait to read it.

7. Brad
    April 5, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Hey Robb,

Loving the podcasts and the idea of the book. Just a quick question, you mentioned something about a chapter on primal type exercise in your book, but I hear a lot of different stories about this. Some say primal folks would have run very long distances because endurance would be the only thing humans had over animals, others say short sprints at opportunistic moments would have been used to hunt? Without obsessing over the details, will you be covering this sort of stuff in that chapter? I know your specialty is nutrition not running, but I’d appreciate your thoughts on the issue.

• Robb Wolf
      April 6, 2010 at 7:23 am

Brad-
      I’m focusing on activity from a genetics, health, fun perspective. How do we get optimum gene expression for health, how do we make it fun. It was written for folks coming, literally off the couch.

Here is the thing folks keep missing on the running piece: because humans COULD run distances will did not mean we trained that all the time! These 8-10 hr efforts were likely rare (based of modern HG’s) and the result of general hiking, hunting, lifting and carrying, at least that’s my take.

8. Jeff A
    April 6, 2010 at 5:41 am

Congrats! All the hard work is paying off and now we can pay you to read the book. Well done.

9. JD
    April 6, 2010 at 6:59 am

WTF?? 1 comment. Robb, that’s huge. (Maybe even ’70′s Big) Congrats man, I’ll be on the pre-order bandwagon.

JD

10. Jeremy Jones - Diablo CrossFit
    April 6, 2010 at 7:01 am

Will we be able to order a bunch in bulk for the gym?

Can we have you over for a book signing?

(we’ll provide all the Redbridge you can drink. . . it should make for an interesting event).

-jj

• Robb Wolf
      April 6, 2010 at 7:08 am

JJ-
      For your event I will sign in the nude. Only a beer-bottle to keep me modest. Still in?

11. Mike
    April 6, 2010 at 7:15 am

Congrats Robb! Definitely a huge accomplishment, and I can’t wait to get a copy.
    Looking forward to the Hoboken seminar this weekend!

12. Jesco
    April 6, 2010 at 8:13 am

Congrats on the book Rob, I can’t wait to read it! Will I be able to order it off the site here or will I have to go on amazon or something like that?
    Also, I came across this horror story in the LA times about a guy with food allergies (to wheat, corn, dairy, legumes) and some really bad doctors.

• Robb Wolf
      April 6, 2010 at 8:51 am

Jesco-
      Mainly Amazon, although we will have a new site here, but I suspect it will just dump to amazon. Really interesting piece on the allergies.

13. Ed
    April 6, 2010 at 8:21 am

Congrats. I’m am looking forward to the book.

14. Tom
    April 6, 2010 at 8:53 am

Congrats on the book, I’ll definitely be getting a copy.

I was also wondering if you have seen the long lecture by Scott Connelly posted on the CF Journal recently, and if you had any reactions, thoughts, points of contention, etc.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Robb Wolf
      April 6, 2010 at 9:49 am

Tom-
      I’ve not seen the long version. I will see if I can check that out.

15. Chad Cilli
    April 6, 2010 at 11:16 am

Hey Robb Congratulations! I’m stoked to hear it! This is going to be the best book ever. Just made it through Sisson’s Primal Blueprint, and I can’t wait to read yours. How much for a signed copy?

JD-
    Saw the 1 comment mention. I tried posting five minutes after this went up, but for some reason it just kept timing out. I’m sure other people ran into the same problem.

16. Tim B
    April 6, 2010 at 11:40 am

awesome! see you sat

17. dave
    April 6, 2010 at 7:39 pm

attaboy! I couldn’t imagine what an undertaking it must have been. Been waiting a year and 2 countries for this. :)

18. Gant
    April 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Excellent. Will there be one or two chapters on Progenex?

• Robb Wolf
      April 7, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Gant-
      1 chapter on Progenex, 1 on molecular baked goods. Gotta keep it balanced.

19. Danny John
    April 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Would it be wrong to say I’m excited about this? Excited, Robb, Excited…

• Robb Wolf
      April 7, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Dan! I hear you are moving? I expect a trip to chico on the way out!

20. Trevor
    April 8, 2010 at 9:02 am

I am excited for your book to come out. I will be picking it up when it does.

21. Rich
    April 9, 2010 at 9:32 am

I’d like to give you my money in exchange for a book!

Can’t wait! Thanks for all your work on the podcast. Looking forward to the book.

22. George C.
    April 9, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Awesome Robb! We can’t wait. It will be so nice to have a go to book written by one of our own on Nutrition. I’m tired of trying to explain it to people, your book will be a time saver and a life saver!

23. Jeremy Jones - Diablo CrossFit
    April 15, 2010 at 8:10 am

I’m in.

Although sticking you pee pee in a beer bottle is a very bad idea.

Trust me on that one.

We’ll have to find some other suitable device. I guess you could use one of my vibrams. ?

-jj

24. Heather
    May 1, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Just pre-ordered on Amazon! Can’t wait to read it.