Book Update!

Well, it was kinda anticlimactic but I finished my rough draft last week. I need to re-work a ton of material, generate charts, graphs and support material but the push for the bulk of the material to be in by April 4 was met. Big thanks again to Mat and Yael for the help and thank you to everyone for the support and interest. We are in NJ and NY this weekend! Cannot wait for that!

Categories: Announcements

1. Jules says

WOO-HOO! Patron for everyone! Nicely done sir – we’re looking forward to it (that and a visit from you and your better half in the ATL).

2. Josh Bryan says

I can’t wait. I’ll see you in Brooklyn on Sunday. Perhaps I’ll be able to introduce myself if the throngs of folks will allow!

3. Brad says

Hey Robb,

Loving the podcasts and the idea of the book. Just a quick question, you mentioned something about a chapter on primal type exercise in your book, but I hear a lot of different stories about this. Some say primal folks would have run very long distances because endurance would be the only thing humans had over animals, others say short sprints at opportunistic moments would have been used to hunt? Without obsessing over the details, will you be covering this sort of stuff in that chapter? I know your specialty is nutrition not running, but I’d appreciate your thoughts on the issue.

I’m focusing on activity from a genetics, health, fun perspective. How do we get optimum gene expression for health, how do we make it fun. It was written for folks coming, literally off the couch.

Here is the thing folks keep missing on the running piece: because humans COULD run distances will did not mean we trained that all the time! These 8-10 hr efforts were likely rare (based of modern HG’s) and the result of general hiking, hunting, lifting and carrying, at least that’s my take.

4. JD says

WTF?? 1 comment. Robb, that’s huge. (Maybe even ’70’s Big) Congrats man, I’ll be on the pre-order bandwagon.

5. Mike says

Congrats Robb! Definitely a huge accomplishment, and I can’t wait to get a copy.
    Looking forward to the Hoboken seminar this weekend!

Mainly Amazon, although we will have a new site here, but I suspect it will just dump to amazon. Really interesting piece on the allergies.

6. Tom says

Congrats on the book, I’ll definitely be getting a copy.

I was also wondering if you have seen the long lecture by Scott Connelly posted on the CF Journal recently, and if you had any reactions, thoughts, points of contention, etc.

7. Chad Cilli says

Hey Robb Congratulations! I’m stoked to hear it! This is going to be the best book ever. Just made it through Sisson’s Primal Blueprint, and I can’t wait to read yours. How much for a signed copy?

Saw the 1 comment mention. I tried posting five minutes after this went up, but for some reason it just kept timing out. I’m sure other people ran into the same problem.

8. dave says

attaboy! I couldn’t imagine what an undertaking it must have been. Been waiting a year and 2 countries for this. :)

9. Rich says

I’d like to give you my money in exchange for a book!

Can’t wait! Thanks for all your work on the podcast. Looking forward to the book.

Awesome Robb! We can’t wait. It will be so nice to have a go to book written by one of our own on Nutrition. I’m tired of trying to explain it to people, your book will be a time saver and a life saver!