Episode 217 – Dr. Michael Ruscio

Performance Menu: Journal of Health & Athletic Excellence

Front Desk Podcast Ad

Well Food Company

Download Episode Here

Download a transcript of this episode here

Featuring guest: Dr. Michael Ruscio

Websites:

YouTube channel:

Paleologix-Affiliate-Ads-728x90-v1

Categories: Podcasts

Comments

1. Lissa says

Is it possible to share the link the the article Dr. R spoke about regarding recent findings in a popular diagnostic testing lab?

2. Brett says

I might be blind, but I can’t find the show notes/transcripts. If I’m not blind, is it possible to get them?

You’ll notice a link that says “Download a transcript of this episode here” below the download episode link, usually sometime between a few days to a week after the episode is released. Once the episode is complete and uploaded I send it to the transcription service, and it usually takes them a little while to send the transcript back.

Very cool to hear Dr. Ruscio mention Jeff Moss. Dr. Moss was one of my professors in grad school! He was talking about the potential dangers of oversupplementation with calcium and folic acid years before I heard it from anyone else. He was up on the latest research and ahead of the curve on more than one important issue that has since come to light in nutrition science.

4. Sean L Miran says

I’m fairly certain from a couple of quick google searches that the articles on using N-Acetylcysteine as an anti-biofilm agent are all as topical preparations, not orally administered.

• Sean L Miran says

I was not clear enough with my statement- The uses all appear to be through topical application-either orally to affect Pathogens in the GI tract or as topical preparations in vitro, or as an inhaled preparation for use on the respiratory mucosa( and that was a a mucolytic, not as an anti-biofilm agent). I wished to clarify those uses as distinct from NAC being absorbed through the GI tract in into the bloddsteream, and subsequently delivered to the affected tissues through the circulation.

5. Bryce Lee says

Thanks for a great discussion, gents. I’d love to get my hands on your source material regarding microvilli thickness being influenced by the presence of pathogens during development. Grazzi!

This was a great episode, listened to it twice and went back to the older one and listened to that twice. Love it when Functional Medicine Docs are on the podcast.