“What the Paleo World Eats”: Call for Contributors – Round 2
Back in April we put out a blog post asking YOU to tell and show us what a week in your paleo food life looked like. Some of you took us up on the challenge and sent some awesome photos and great supporting information: store receipts, food costs and family stories. The submissions we received were great, but we didn’t get as many as we were hoping for and when we posted the results the comments that you left were very positive. Many of you asked us to give it another go and told us that you’d like to share your ‘food story’ with the rest of the paleo world. Well folks, ask and you shall receive! Let’s try this again!
Get on your shopping shoes, pull out your camera and save those receipts! We want to see what foods you and/or your family buy and eat in a week. As before, the inspiration for this assignment/project comes from my favorite coffee table book: Hungry Planet: What The World Eats which showcases photos of what families around the world eat in one week with everything laid out in one shot. It also lists out the foods pictured, how much each cost, and the entire bill for the week (this is why we’d like pictures of the receipts too!). At the end of all of this we’ll be able to see how eating styles, food costs, and how the family compliance/non-compliance factor (if your whole family isn’t paleo – show us everything you buy anyway and let us know who’s eating it!) plays into the paleo way of eating around the country and hopefully world! This is your (second) chance to show us what you and your modern cave-family eats.
Once again, here’s what we need:
- Photo(s) of your/your family’s weekly food purchases – this includes restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, and anywhere else you buy any other consumable item. Include ‘non-paleo’ foods too for price comparison and to illustrate that in some cases not all family members are paleo followers.
- Tell us who you are, where you’re from and how many people (who and ages ) you are feeding).
- Also send photo(s) of receipts from all food/beverage purchases (this includes bottled water, Starbuck’s stops, and non-paleo foods too.).
- List of the foods pictured and the amounts of each. (example: 4 apples, 1 pound grassfed ground beef, etc.)
- Any other photos of meals you prepared, shots of your family eating, grocery store shelves, farmers markets, etc. to help illustrate culture are welcome.
- You are also welcome to share some of your ‘back story’, comments on the paleo lifestyle (what’s hard and what’s easy, etc), and your thoughts on this project and experience.
- I highly recommend looking at this slide show and/or checking out the book at your local library to get an idea of how awesome this project could be.
- Send all submissions and photos to: email@example.com
With any luck we’ll have an EPIC response this time. So show us what you’ve got! This is going to be fun, eye-opening and a great way to show the rest of the world (paleo or not) what you eat!