What’s New!?

En Español

Hey there! Just wanted to take a moment to update folks on what’s happening behind the scenes around here.

We are in Reno! It was a hell of a move, finally got legit Internet about 8p last night. Good times. I think they can bury me in the back-yard, I’m done with moving.

Nicki and I have a Wolf-cub on the way! Late April is the projected TTH (Time To Hatch) but I hear these kid-critters come on their own schedule, so we’ll see.

Site Updates

We have a number of site updates in process to make it easier to find material and help newbs get up to speed. Chelo (who is  a professional translator/linguist) is translating the most important parts of the site into Spanish first, then the rest of the site at a consistent pace. We will also be doing another formal call for “What do y’all need?”  We did this last year and things like the podcasts getting transcribed came from that. Don’t tell us now, just wait for that post and think about some improvements that will make things easier for you to navigate. I know we will be making a mobile compatible site, so that will help if you are checking things out on an iphone/ipad.

Yep…I will hopefully live to regret this but I’m officially starting work on a new book. I’m not yet ready to discuss content nor when it will be released as I’m still working on some details around all that. What this means is I will be both busy and a bit MIA at times. I know so much more about writing a book this time around, but it’s still going to be a sprint given other obligations and a kid arriving soon. I’ll keep y’all updated on that and may release some of the book material here on the blog…still rattling that around however so we’ll see.

I think that’s it for now! We have some cool guests coming up on the podcast, expansion and development of the Liberty Garden and Paleo Physicians Network. Things are busy but there is  a lot of work to be done to help people live the best life they can.

Just in case you missed it, check out Dr. Terry Wahls talk on Multiple Sclerosis.

Categories: Announcements, General

1. Pat Crofoot says

Welcome to Reno..Wax the skis.

As a father of 3 here in town, email me any questions you might have.

Funny, I moved to Reno in 97 and have wanted to move back to Chico ever since..

Keep up the good word.

2. PaleoMalin says

I’ve seen the tweets for a couple of days but rather than fill your tweet feed I thought I’d comment and say

Fingers crossed for Nikki and Wolf-cub (because I refuse to count a baby until they’re in the world with the rest of us). I can’t have kids (am bit jealous), but sending healthy/happy thoughts from here in Devon, UK.

3. Trevor says

Congrats on the cub my friend. Although we have never meet, both my wife and I are so happy for you.

I really hope Reno has more sun then Chico. We don’t need you slashin up before you can finish that new book of yours. FYI, I wanna see your abs on the cover or at least someone pretending to be you.

Get your sleep.

Congrats on the little one coming Robb! I noticed you had been moving around a lot lately, and I guess missed why?!? At any rate, congrats on all that is to come in your future, kids are awesome, but defintely time consuming so write your book as soon as you can…haha.

5. shangro says

You may find this little site called “Everyday Paleo” helpful for finding tips and recipes for paleo “kiddos”. 😉 Congratulations!

6. Brad and Rachael says

From two new parents in Toronto,
    who came to your last seminar here,
    Great to hear about the new book we can’t wait,
    But more importantly, So happy to have you working on joining the ranks of parenthood.
    Our little one has just started to eat what we eat, Avacado,yams,boar,beef,deer, he just screams/grunts for anything we have on our plates. He came to us 3 months early and due to what we believe was paleo eating during the last couple months of pregnancy and until now he has grown so much and is going to be a beast. We cant thank you enough for how you have helped us, our son and our families and friends experience health improvements beyond imagination.
    all the best,

Congrats on the baby Robb! I’m stoked for the updates and for more news on your new book.

That TEDx talk is awesome… its a must watch for all of us primal folks… or the world I should say!

8. becca says

Yay!! My parents live in reno, ill be looking for you at the whole foods meat counter! I hope you got a free copy of the healthy baby code! Congrats, so exciting!!!

I was saddened to hear that you had to pass on the Low Carb Cruise, but when I told my wife, she ticked off her fingers and said “I bet they’re pregnant.” I’m sure she’s going to be happy that she was right. I have to let her be right now and then.

Congratulations to both of you!

10. Michelle J says

All the best to you and your pack! All your fans here in Tulsa are rooting for you and are looking forward to your new book.

Michelle J

11. Kim says

Robb, Congratulations to you and Nicki on your upcoming baby!

And I’m looking forward to your new book. Thank you for everything you do.

12. Kyle says

Congratulations on the little one on the way. He’s going to have a great up brining. I’ve followed you since early 2007 and your continued success is well deserved.

13. Debbie B in MD says

I shared the story of Dr. Wahls with my hubby last night at dinner. I should say my non-paleo skeptical hubby. Well, my daughter realized great success yesterday on her fully paleo diet. Without tmi, she did not need to spend the day curled up on the couch in pain yesterday for this month. Anyway that has helped his skepticism. But as I told him the story he got so angry and frustrated. He can’t see how with science since there is just one answer, how can the govt. can produce the food pyramid and we can told duch falsehoods by food manufacturers. I told him money, money, money!!! He is an engineer, a scientist. He is seeing the benefits in his own home. Dd and I have been gf since the spring. She has been fully paleo for a little over a month. Dr Walhs is inspiring. Her return to health is pretty tough to argue with!

14. Janis says

Hi Robb,

Wow! That video was amazing. Jaw dropping actually. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Congratulations to you and your wife and the little wolf cub! You will be an awesome Dad, don’t ya worry!

15. Melanie says

Congrats Robb! Welcome to Reno too! Are you going to do anything here around town? Seminars…anything? I hope to see you and your family around town! I speak your name daily!!

16. vince herman says

Hey Robb,
    Welocome to the neighborhood! Looking forward to hsaving you and your family in town. Congratulations on upcoming new family member. I read your book when it came out and have been “Paleo” since. Maybe we can get together to do a Movnat session after you are settled in.

17. M says

Welcome to Reno! Maybe we’ll cross paths at the local co-op or farmer’s market sometime!

Your name is thrown around quite frequently around here… my boyfriend already made me promise not to go all crazy fanboy on you if I do see you in public…. 😛

• Sleep?Not anymore says

I’ll echo the request for some more info on nutrition during pregnancy, as well as some scoop on health/nutrition in the first days/weeks/months after birth.

More specifically, my wife and I had our first child three weeks ago. The biggest challenge so far has been my wife’s milk production. This brings up two major questions: 1) What can she do to help improve her milk production? She’s already taking “More Milk Plus” by Motherlove and drinking an herbal tea that’s supposed to help, but what else can she do? 2) In those cases where she just does not produce enough to fill up the little bugger, is there a formula that you’d recommend or what would the solution be at that point?

Much thanks and congrats to you and Nicki!