Black Box Summit: Part Deux!

Details coming soon.

Categories: Events

1. Albert says

Hi Robb,

I was looking at ‘s fatty acid profile for grassfed ground beef.
    The omega 6 was about 5 times the amount of omega 3. Comparing it to the grain fed (85/15) ground beef the ratio was pretty much the same. I am buying grassfed beef because I want to improve my omega3/6 ratio, but in the case of ground beef it looks to not be worth time or money I put into getting it.

There is always something to smile about/for… :-) Looking for something quick and fun while my movie downloaded (yes, I already subscribe and have listened to it) and saw that Paleolithic Solution in “New and Noteworthy” on iTunes in the Podcast section. Six fans gets you that placement?? You both do an awesome job and help a lot of people, thank you. Possible that you GOT what Lou Mars was doing way before you understood what he was doing?

Oh yeah, happy birthday! :-)

You make listener number 7. The Lou experience was incredible…next time we hang out I need to tell you about it in detail…really wacky.

I expect to be on the invite list…

3. Marie says

Rob, I’ve got a question about GI issues. Since starting a strict Paleo diet on January 1st I’ve had pretty severe cramping while going to the bathroom. In terms of regularity, I’m going about every other day. Prior to Jan 1 I was typically going every day with no cramping.

Any thoughts?

4. Marie says

Rob, after doing a little research, it seems I might have found the answer to my previous question about the cramping while using the restroom. Given the recent increase (pretty significant I might add) of fat in my diet, stetorrhea seems likely. I’m going to try taking 2 NOW Foods Super Enzymes with each meal and see if the symptoms go away.

5. Drew says

Hey Robb,

A quick question. I am 165lbs probably around 6-8% BF, and have been eating a strict Paleo diet for around three months. For the last month or so I’ve been eating around 6-8 blocks carbs, but have slowly been titrating this down to around 3-4 blocks, with at least the last week at 4 or less blocks. I’ve recently been trying to see if I can perform better on lower amount (like Matt Lalonde (or however you spell it), since I’m getting ready to compete in the Washington Sectional in a month. My question is: will it take the full 2-4 weeks for my body to adjust to ketosis and my performance to start improving?

Will it take the full two to four weeks to adapt to ketosis if I was already taking in pretty low amounts of carbs?

6. Drew says

Thanks for the response, I’m just testing out ketosis and seeing if I run well on lower carbs, guess I’ll just have to wait it out and see. I’m really looking forward to the supplement podcast, it should be very interesting, any news on that?

7. Bob says

If Saul is #7, then I call dibs as listener #8. Loving the podcast. You and Andy help me make it through the workday. Keep up the great work!

8. Eric says

My sister has been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. Through all of her medical issues over the past months her body has gone south. She’s now ready to begin working out again & I’m urging a modified CF style workout which I’m putting together for her. She’s willing to work towards Paleo, but the veggie intake is an issue. She’s very limited on her veggie intake & most must be cooked to near mush for her to even consider eating them. She is also very limited on fruit intake–no skin, seeds, stringy stuff, etc. She had been eating a “healthy” diet in her mind, loaded with grains, no beef, some chicken & pork, borderline vegetarian, but now has to make drastic changes. She’s already begun the journey back to beef, so there is progress!!

Ideas? Is this something common that can be addressed on the Paleolithic Solution? Thanks!!

9. Justin De Quim says

I’m sorry for being so bold and exposing , ahem, my ‘leanings’ but does anyone out there have the phone number or inside leg measurement of that young studd muffin second from the left ?
    My loins were and are aching !

Hey Robb, A quick question on supplements. One of my partners is selling Advocare products. We are getting ready to launch a Paleo challenge for our members. Many of them already use the products and many are now asking me about them. I personally believe in real food so I’m torn. I don’t want to bash his side business but I read the labels and I’m not impressed with the sugar, fructose, and artificial sweeteners. Thanks for any thoughts!

I think advocare has some solid stuff…anything juice related, high carb, shakes…I’ve mentioned reservations about those previously. The right tool for the right job.

11. Tony says

Robb, any thought on doing a bit on Paleo and kids(pre adolescent). Should we disregard the dairy issue for kids to allow for extra healthy calories/growing/calcium, etc…I know you touched on GOMAD as a healthy alternative on one of your podcasts for bulking up adolescents, but what about a crossfit child(never to early to start!)? I am good to go for the non processed foods, meats/fish/poultry, fruit/vegs, etc…but wanted your thoughts on the elimination of dairy during developmental stages (child to adolescent).

I think a no-dairy kid will do fine. Likely better digestion, possibly lower rates of many diseases later in life. Experiment for a month at a time and see how the kiddos do.

12. Christina says

Oh to be a fly on the wall during one of your summits/nutrition certs.! I’d be a well informed fly for a whole 24 hours?