Guest post by our good friend Cindy Sexton:
A visual stroll through my new cookbook…‘Paleo Takes 5 –or- Fewer*’
~ A minimal ingredient cookbook full of simple, yet delicious real food recipes.
- By: Cindy Sexton, Robb Wolf (Foreword by), Mat Lalonde (Contributions by)
- October 2014 / Page Street Publishing
- $21.99 US/ $23.00 CAN; Paperback
- ISBN: 9-781-62414-075-4
- Ebook also available.
First, a little bit about myself…
I am a small town gal at heart turned semi-city-slicker. I am currently a certified teacher in the Greater Toronto Area who adores ?all things fitness, food and nutrition related. I am passionate about teaching, as well as learning from others in this field, and am constantly striving toward being a little bit better every single day.
My laid-back approach to eating “really real” (nutrient-dense) food is reasonable and realistic. With a multi-faceted approach that focuses on returning to the simpler days of living, I like to concentrate on making play, laughter, sleep and self-care a priority, which makes up my relaxed paleo lifestyle.
To read more about how switching to a Paleo lifestyle has changed my life, check out ‘MY STORY’ right HERE!
Sticking with a Paleo diet may seem daunting to many people, especially making the time to cook. I believe cooking Paleo meals can not only be a breeze to do, but can often be done with 5 ingredients or less, thereby saving lots of time and energy in the kitchen. To that end, that’s why I created this minimal ingredient cookbook, that doesn’t require a million and one ingredients for each recipe. This is the perfect cookbook for anyone who follows a Paleo Diet, or is simply looking for healthy recipes that are delicious and hassle-free.
Who was involved in making this book come to life?
- CINDY SEXTON (Author) – founder of paleodish.com
- MATHIEU LALONDE PH.D – friend and organic chemist, who works at Harvard University. Throughout the process of creating this cookbook, I received some assistance from Mathieu regarding the nutrient density numbers of certain foods. We highlighted good to excellent sources of essential nutrients (vitamins and minerals) for the ingredients of most recipes. The fraction of the RDA of each essential nutrient is based on a 100 g serving of the food
- KEN GOODMAN – kengoodmanphotography.com
Ken Goodman is a freelance photographer who works out of NYC. He specializes in photographing food, chefs, musicians and celebrities at special events. A trained chef for over 20 years prior to becoming a photographer, Ken fused two passions together to bring images to your eyes that are simply stunning.
- PAGE STREET PUBLISHING – pagestreetpublishing.com
Page Street Publishing Co. was founded in 2012, and is located just outside Boston. They are proud to be a member of 1% for the Planet. They donate 1% of their sales to one or more of the over 1,500 environmental and sustainability charities across the globe who participate in this program. Distributed by MacMillan: sales in Canada by The Canadian Manda Group; distribution in Canada by The Jaguar Book Group.
- …and of course the support of our FRIENDS and FAMILY
How is the book organized?
- What’s included and what’s not??
- I have divided this cookbook into three main chapters: three-, four- and five-ingredient dishes. When creating my recipes, all items are included in the count, except for things like water, salt and pepper, cooking fats, vinegars, and commonly found dried herbs and spices. These are all things that I highly recommend that you stock up on first and have locked and loaded in your pantry at all times. Make the small investment upfront, and then you’ll have these mainstay ingredients at the ready when needed. Do you need to go out and buy everything all at once? Heck no, but slowly start building the foundation, as these items are part of a solid basis. All items included in the count are in bold print in the ingredient list.
What makes your book unique?
- Nutrient density facts throughout the book and vitamin/mineral content charts in the back highlighting the values found with different foods
- Premium binding – stays open, hands free (totally lays flat) so super awesome when cooking in the kitchen without the pages flipping all over the place
- Nice square(ish) size – (8 by 9“) – not too big and bulky with a beautiful matte cover, with bright colours and gorgeous design
- Filled with gorgeous photos by the talented Ken Goodman – sure to make your mouth water
- Handy ‘From the grocer’ lists at the top of each recipe – great for a quick glance to see what you need
What are some of your favourite recipes in the book?
My recipes are designed to complement each other, so home cooks can put together an entire meal from mains to accompanying sides. The book is packed with mouthwatering three – to – five ingredient Paleo recipes such as:
Where can I buy the book?
Depending on your preference and where you live, there are a variety of ways you can order/buy the book.
- Other independent bookstores
What people are saying about Paleo Takes 5 -or- Fewer?
Where can I find you on social media?