By: Dan Erickson
6 strips pastured bacon diced
2 pounds grass fed ground beef
1 large onion (large dice)
3red bell peppers (large dice)
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 jalapeños diced
1tbs chipotle powder
2 tbs cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp dried Mexican oregano
1 large & 1 small can of organic crushed tomatoes
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Instructions: 1) Heat Dutch oven on medium heat & add diced bacon. Cook until browned & fat is rendered.Remove bacon & save for a snack or a breakfast omelette.
2) Add ground beef & cook until browned. Remove & set aside.
3) Add diced onion, bell pepper, jalepenos & garlic, cook until just soft about 5 minutes.
4) Add ground beef back into veggies & add all seasonings except cocoa powder
5) Add both cans of crushed tomatoes
6) Heat until just to the boil, cover & reduce heat to low
7) Simmer covered for 45 mins
8) Add cocoa powder & simmer for 15 more mins