Hey, it’s Amber the Web-gal here! It’s only hours before the start of 2011 here in Virginia. So, before I take my disco nap and head out to celebrate, I wanted to make a quick post letting everyone know about the new features we put up today. First and foremost, please refresh your browser. We’ve made a lot of improvements to the site, and you might need a little refresh to see them.
We finally have a header, starring the most important figure in the Robb Wolf empire, Keystone the gato. Let us know what you think!
- The navigation menus have been consolidated and cleaned up.
- The sidebar is a lot less cluttered, and all the social networking options are in the header instead.
- We’ve got a new featured area in the header that will change every so often. Right now we’re showing off the free downloads we have from the book. Speaking of which, have you checked out the book resources page?
- I hope you noticed the photo rotator on the home page. We plan to add in more photos as we get them. Have an awesome photo you’d like to see up there (said photo should have something at least vaguely to do with Robb)? Please post it to Robb’s Facebook wall and we may feature it in the gallery!
- There are a couple other fun features: post thumbnails when you browse the front page of the blog or hunt through a category, related posts at the bottom of each post, and an email newsletter you can sign up for.
- Did you know there are many people who contribute to Robb’s blog? Besides Robb and Andy Deas the podcast master, there are several others including Mat Lalonde, Julien Smith, yours truly with The Paleo Table posts, and a few others here and there. So last but not least, when you click into a post, you’ll see the post author’s thumbnail at the top of the post so you can know who’s talkin’ at ya.
Coming very soon
Robb is feverishly working on the flow chart, and I have the forums just about ready to go. We’ve gotten a couple awesome volunteer moderators, but we could use a few more. Do you constantly hang around on Robb’s site and answer questions, give advice, and help out the newbies in the comments? You’re perfect for the job. If you are interested in helping keep an eye on the forums by offering support, making sure posts get put in the right place, and other such things, please let me know. As a thank you, we’re gonna create a page on this site featuring Robb’s superstar team, and if you help mod the forums, you’ll be featured there, superstar!
We also would love to hear your success story so we can feature you on the blog as a Real Life Testimonial. Has the Paleo solution changed your life, helped you get lean, get well, get beast, whatever? Please send in your story.
Happy New Year
I hope everyone has a safe and happy 2011. Ring in the new year right with a couple NorCal margaritas and a big hunk of protein. Happy new year everyone! And please give us some feedback on the new site features in the comments!