TOUCHDOWN! Paleo “Souper Bowl” Chili Contest
Down! Set! Hut! Alright folks, put your game faces on! We’re having a contest, and it’s gonna be hot! We’re on the hunt for the best Paleo chili recipe out there, and just in time for the “Souper Bowl”. Nothing goes better with football (hey, we don’t do beer around here…) than a hot bowl of chili. We’re looking for your BEST, most CREATIVE, TASTIEST ‘Touchdown Paleo Chili’ Recipe.
Here’s the game plan
- Break out the kettles and aprons! Submit your BEST paleo chili recipe using the form below. One entry per person. The deadline to enter is Friday, January 4, 2013.
- Keep it Paleo. That means no grains, dairy or legumes in the ingredients. Recipes submitted with non-paleo ingredients won’t be posted.
- Check the blog and the Robb Wolf Facebook page often. We’ll be posting the latest updates and chili recipes for you to try at home.
- There will be both a Judges’ Choice Winner, and a People’s Choice Winner.
- Our expert panel of judges for that portion on the contest includes: The Original ‘Paleo Family’ – Robb and Nicki; Culinary Geniuses – Charles and Julie Mayfield of Paleo Comfort foods ; ‘Large and In-Charge’ – John Welbourn of Crossfit Football; Heavy Lifter – Greg Everett of Oly lifting and podcast fame; The Hairy Beast that is Squatchy; and in the event of a tie, Paleo RD – Amy (that’s me) will step in and ‘Rock the Vote’.
- The People’s Choice winner will be decided by YOU! Voting will take place here on the blog. The recipes will be posted, and you’ll have the chance to vote. Voting will take place from January 17 through January 23, 2013.
- The winners will be announced on Friday, January 25, 2013. That will give you a week to go shopping and prep the winning recipes for your “Souper Bowl” Extravaganza! The ‘Big Game’ is going down on Sunday, February 3, 2013, and you’ll be able to ‘wow’ your football watchin’, chili eatin’ crowd with your mad chili-nary skills.
The fabulous prizes
The Judges’ Choice “Best Overall Chili” recipe winner will receive a bundle of Paleo books courtesy of Victory Belt Publishing. The books include:
- Eat Like a Dinosaur
- Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook
- Make It Paleo
- Paleo Slow Cooking
- Paleo Comfort Foods
- The Paleo Solution
- 6 Paleo Cookies – Almond Raisin
- 2 Beef Jerky – BBQ
- 2 Steak Sticks – Original
- 1 Paleo Seminar DVD
So what are you waiting for? Get your game plan together, breakout the heavy equipment, and start stirring the pot. Let’s see who’s got what it takes to break the defensive line and score in the Robb Wolf Paleo ‘Souper Bowl’ Chili Contest!
Can you feel the heat?