Tim Ferriss – Episode 159

Performance Menu: Journal of Health & Athletic Excellence

Download Episode Here

Download a transcript of this episode here

Features guest Tim Ferriss

Check out the book, I think folks will like it. ALSO! Check out Axis of Awesome. You will love them, Tim and I talked about them a bit.

Comments

1. Henry Duran
    November 20, 2012 at 5:57 am

What was the name of N. Ca wilderness response training program? NERT?

thanks,

2. sonny
    November 20, 2012 at 7:16 am

Love the guest episodes! Maybe you could have had ML to co-host? :)

3. Todd
    November 20, 2012 at 8:00 am

Little known fact – Jason from Axis of Awesome (the middle singer) is Matt Damon’s second cousin.

• Josh
      December 19, 2012 at 10:24 am

Some little known facts are little know for good reason.

4. MJD
    November 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm

And to think I almost didn’t listen to this! (My only exposure to Tim has been the 4 hour body…I was prepared for an hour interview on exercise!) Thank you Tim and Robb for the wonderful reminder to embrace our humanness! My challenge is setting this example for my children. It is a constant effort for me to keep one foot out of the rat race long enough to breathe and teach them something besides, “hurry up and eat so you’re not late for school!” I want to be able to teach them the importance of slowing down; the importance of our intimate connection with our food and nature.

5. Niki
    November 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm

If one uses the pine pollen as a testosterone supplement will it have any negative side effects. My blood work shows low levels and I have been scared to use the topical creams that my OBGYN suggested. I’m only 33 and don’t want to have to use the creams for the rest of my life.

• Darel
      April 14, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Hi Niki,

pine pollen doesn’t really have any serious side effects. Only people who are allergic to nuts or pine trees should take caution and start with low dosage.

Darel

6. Jeff
    November 20, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Can someone link to the jiu jitsu instructor these guys are talking about? Does he have instructional videos?

7. george
    November 21, 2012 at 11:31 am

The jiu jitsu instructor is Dave Camarillo. He has an excellent book called guerilla jiu jitsu.

8. Brian
    November 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Great podcast. I have both of Tim’s other books and I placed an order for his new book.

9. John
    November 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

What was the name of the sponsor? An app? ?front desk?

• Amy Kubal
      November 23, 2012 at 4:48 pm

It’s Front Desk!!

10. Mike
    November 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I likewise would not be inclined to buy a cookbook, but when I saw the kindle edition was only $5, I bought it. So far, I’m about 28 pages in so too soon to review, but I like the premise as described in the podcast.

Mike

11. Bryan
    November 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I like Tim’s ideas on motivation but I think a person should be motivated by good science (which shows which methods best impact the 80/20 principle). Randomized controlled trails that fix variables are great ways to isolate what “works” and what doesn’t. I then pursue what “works” from these trial and the results speak for themselves. Mat LaLonde and Chris Kresser are excellent scientists in this regard. Tim has a sketchy scientific comprehension. The results end up being my motivation to continue to pursue optimizing health as I begin to kick ass in other areas of life. Instilling this initial desire takes time and many don’t seem to have it. It is worthwhile but I think it is more innate to the person than one might think. Unfortunately, the rest of the world is a largely an ignorant mass who doesn’t have the time or ability to change . We can provide the information to them on what “works” and it will be up to them to find the motivation to execute. That is my general outtake on life.

12. dacaprice
    November 29, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I think the piano player in Axis slightly resembles Robb.