Mike Robertson – Episode 129

Performance Menu: Journal of Health & Athletic Excellence

Download Episode Here

Download a transcript of this episode

This episode features guest Mike Robertson of www.robertsontrainingsystems.com discussing topics like scapular mobility and stability, client evaluation, corrective exercise, and weightlifting for athletes.

Categories: Podcasts

1. Multibomber says

Hey Robb!

Why does hyperinsulinism cause aldosterone to increase? I’m in nursing school and am doing a presentation on the kidneys. You mentioned this in “Clearing Up Kidney Confusion Part Deux” but didnt mention why?

Well…exactly mechanism…I don’t know! Elevated insulin does tend to elevate cAMP and this may be a player in up regulation but I’m grasping here. that aldosterone DOES increase with insulin resistance is clear:

Exactly why…nto sure. In hibernating animals insulin resistance drive fat storage AND increased sodium/water retention. In a cyclic fashion this is likely adaptive, how it plays out now however, not so much. this could also have a role in mitigating glucose concentrations…increasing fluid volume will decrease relative glucose concentrations and thereby mitigate adganced glycation endproduct formation. But again, I’m reaching here.

2. Mateo says

Hey Robb,

You guys have recently been talking about the lack of gross motor skill development exhibited in some of today’s youth, so I wanted to throw this book your way: http://www.rie.org/product/unfolding

I feel that anyone who is interested in human movement would do well to understand how we learn and develop from day one. As Greg alluded to in this podcast, these motor skills are precursors to a whole host of cognitive and emotional patterns; so getting it right early can facilitate the development of the whole person. I’m sure you have a ton of resources and strategies for your pack, but you will probably find this book interesting. Thanks for all you and Greg do for the community.

3. sana says

hey paleo people! I would like to ask kindly anybody to show me how can I make transcripts to audio podcasts. Is there any software that can do that nicely. I know it is offtopic and not paleo :)) but please help me out!

4. sana says

Heil robb ! just to make you feel better I want to say that I read your book and I like most of the info you put out. I know my feedback matters. Geeks rule! and now they are sronger than ever! :)

5. Joey says

Robb, you mentioned a trainer/coach named “Edo Porthal” (sp?). Can you point me in the right direction to look at his training methods?