Paleolithic Solution Seminar: CrossFit One World!

Happy New Year everyone! I want to let folks know we will be posting upcoming locations for the Paleolithic Solution Seminar. I’m making great progress on the book so I’m comfortable with booking some locations and getting back on the road. I’ll build a page on this site to post information, video and support material. Our first PSS  (after the free Chico seminar to help the folks who were affected by the Black Box fiasco) will be at CrossFit One World!! I can’t wait to spend some time with Freddy C and the One World crew. This kick-off event will be on Saturday, March 6th from 9am-5pm. The cost will be $199, same as the CF nutrition gig.

What will be different? Well, half my day will be free of covering Zone material. Three hours of the previous seminar (it was NEVER a cert) were devoted to covering the basic Zone, which works for no one, and then trying to find ways to tweaking it so that it does work. No more. In addition to the basics of endocrinology, autoimmunity, systemic inflammation, I’ll be able to touch on the pathophysiology of cancer, diabetes (both type 1 and type 2), neurodegeneration (including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s), infertility and several other topics.

The basics will of course be there too: fat loss, muscle gain, recovery, lifestyle factors that are synergistic or antagonistic to the performance, health and longevity…It’s a BIG day. Thank you for your continued support and interest in this material. I take the gym, blog, book and seminar seriously and regard it as a gift that I am able to make a living helping people and doing things I love. I am very lucky.

Categories: CrossFit, Events

Comments

1. Ryan Hewitt says

Awesome Robb, I hope you come out to the east coast this year to teach. I would love to attend one of your Paleo Solutions Seminar. Best of luck with everything and we are cheering you on here in the Boston area! I’ll be first in line to purchase a copy of your book.
    Dr. Ryan Hewitt

2. Jason says

You often talk about coconut milk and coconut oil, but what about the coconut meat itself? Is this a good source of fat and if so what’s a healthy amount to be eating?

BTW, can’t wait for you to come to One World, see you in March.

This sounds amazing… I wish I could attend. Feel like coming back to Toronto soon? We’ve got The Keg Mansion… and gluten free pizza… you know you want to…

4. Glenn says

Ditto the request for an East Coast seminar. Sounds great!

Do you have a publisher for the book, or are you self-publishing?

5. Jeff A says

i am very excited! Come to texas if you can. Ill talk to my affiliate and some others and try to stir up some Paleo Seminar hunger. Thanks for helping out Robb.

Yay! Will you make it out to Seattle? My husband & I were all signed up to see you in Vancouver BC this month, but luckily, we got our money back from that :)

7. Steve says

It would be awesome if you videotaped the session and sold the DVD for $20 on your site. Might help people get the basics without paying the extra for the face time.

8. Karl Schirrmacher says

Robb, I can’t frickin’ wait! As soon as I saw this was coming, I signed up. I’ve been geeking out on Paleo for some time now–and on your work (and all the offshoots it sends me digging into) for the last few weeks. My personal challenge is to bring this knowledge and experience to my fellow officers I work with civilian-side, as well as my soldiers I work with in the Reserves (for the life of me, most of them eat terribly). I look forward to your seminar. Cheers.

SSG Schirrmacher, Karl M.
    Tm SGT, B CO 445 CA BN

9. Mark says

Boston please. Seriously, it’s awesome to see that you’re getting back on the road so quickly. Very much appreciated!

10. Ted B says

Great… Cant wait for the book. Vote number 2 for SoCal. Keep up the good work, only the sheep remain behind following the zone.

11. Sean R says

How about scheduling Team CrossFit Academy as the second slot? I know we’d all love to hear from you again.

Alright, Robb! I knew it was just a matter of time and that I’d just have to be patient…

We’re all looking forward to the new seminar and book. (Let me know if you need any editorial help, incidentally.)

Keep on rockin’ in the free world! (Or at least at One World!)

13. scott irvine says

Wow Robb after reading this I am even more psyched for Monday as I will be part of the crew at CrossFit(sorry for the swear)Orillia for the web seminar. Can’t wait, I’m a huge fan of the podcast,and am looking forward to jumping into the world of paleo eating!
    Scott

14. Chris Sanders says

I hope you bring this to Texas SOON!!! I was gonna do the CF cert, but I’m not gonna waste my time now that your doing this.

15. Sean Riordan says

Keep up the great work Robb
    Crossfit Nutrition Eats its Young
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 12:01AM
    Robb Wolf is an entrepreneur, a gym owner and a veteran nutrition blogger. I don’t know him personally, he does not link to my blog and he has no foreknowledge of this posting…read on.

16. Shane says

I know you secretly love the Seattle area! You have to come back up here. I was at the last CF Nutrition Cert (seminar) you did up here and it was awesome. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve converted to some form of a paleo diet based of the info you provided. I swear if you do make it up here again I could fil at least ten seats. Thanks.

17. John Bentley says

I don’t know if you have seen this yet.

As a follower of your work I found it interesting. Kurt writes of you, “he is also obviously his own man” I can see that in you and that goes a long way in my book!!!

18. Damien says

Props to Freddy for putting in on. Good to see he’s not concerned about rocking the boat to get the right info to the masses.

I too like Steves idea of recording your nutrition gig and then selling it. Though I know we would miss out on a bunch of extras by not attending and having the opportunity to visit with you personally.
    Lisa

20. Rachel Ponder says

Hey Robb, this may seem like a silly question, but I am very new to following the Paleo diet (did the Zone for years, but never found it as effective as i have found your method to be in just a mere 3 weeks!!). I understand that you were once affiliated with CF, and that their certs ran about 1g. Is this PSS cert going to need a prereq of a CF cert or are we free to pay the 199 with no cf cert and attend your class?
    Thanks for all your info on your site, its been extremely helpful to those of us that are located in an area that doesn’t focus on health and fitness; I am in Fried Chicken country;]

Rachael-
      No cert or specific education necessary for this one. We will have a module which is only for folks with a medical, nursing, pharmacy or similar degree. That’s in the works.

21. Gavin says

Robb – Please come to Oregon! I’ll buy you a free range organic chicken! Keep up the great work! Your Podcast is playing during my work outs and I’m seeing great results so far this year.
    Thanks

Gavin-
      I’ll change my tagline: “Will work for chicken”. YOu get full credit for the idea.

Put on some metalica during your WO though. Save my podcast for obstructive bowel moments!

22. Mike says

RE: your comment about one with for those with a medical nursing, etc degree – Any thoughts for a more advanced/in depth seminar for those of us with no such degree but who have spent a lot of time geeking out on nutrition & related science and would be intested in a more advanced seminar also?

Thanks again for everything you do through this site!

23. Thalin says

Everybody’s making requests! So I insist: come to Europe! come to Europe! We aren’t as screwed up as the Americans but we still need some help too!

I am so glad to hear that you’re going out on the road. I’m a big fan of your podcast, which I think is literally a “sea change” for the paleo/evolutionary fitness community.

Whether it’s a “seminar” or a “certification” that you may be offering in the future, my wife is a psychologist. I believe if she and some of her colleagues attended one of your programs they would really benefit in their ability to provide proper nutrition knowledge along with the psychological counseling that they are providing to people with weight issues that are not in your typical paleo/crossfit circles. Perhaps, there would be a way for them to speak/write to you about that subject to get some feedback from you, and attend one of your upcoming sessions as they become planned.

Both my wife and I have followed a paleo diet for the last year+ with wonderful and life changing results. We’re a big fan of your work and talk about it often at The Paleo Garden. Hope that didn’t sound “trollish”, but thought it good to introduce ourselves in that context, too. When I read this post about you getting back in the saddle, I don’t know about your other readers, but I almost let out a war cry. Wish you continued success reaching new horizons in 2010.

Best Regards,
    Zach

25. Adam says

I have read your blog for some time now. I really appreciate all your hard work and study. You mentioned in the above description that you will cover infertility. I have not seen any ifo regarding this in any other forums. Is there anyway you can steer me in the right direction? I realize that this is what the seminar is for but it is not possible for me to make.

I have been strict paleo for 2 yrs now and loving it. Any thing you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. thanks again for the blog

26. Mara Schmitinger says

Hi Robb,
    I wish I lived out there! I really loved your Nutrition Class in Brooklyn last year before all the CF hub bub. Would you ever consider coming east? Delaware is very centrally located ;-).I am constantly quoting you and would live to have the opportunity to have everyone out here to hear all of your wonderful information…

27. Lara Kellogg says

I can’t wait for you to come to OW! I’ll make sure to be in town for that one… You have a huge following here and now that we’re all doing a “Look Better Naked” challenge, we have more clients going Paleo than ever. It’ll be great to finally meet the man that Freddy respects so much!

28. Craig says

I have always found the zone to be a good guideline for how much I should be eating. Even after switching to a fully paleo diet I still use the zone for portioning…should i not? I understand your position that being in the zone using junk food is not proper nutrition, but what about if you are sticking to high quality paleo foods? If not the zone, is there a guideline for how much someone should eat?

Keep up the great work!
    Craig

Craig-
      No, if it;s working for you run with that. The problem I faced was the basic Zone, for most people, does not work that well. It ends up needing serious tweaking that I find difficult and circuitous to get to. I find the Zone to be a GREAT way to quantify things. It’s a solid accounting technique, but i find it limited beyond that.

29. Chris says

Hey Robb, Love the podcast and have followed your blog for a long time now. I have a few questions that I would love to see discussed in the podcast and I think may benefit quite a few people. I have been eating Paleo now for about 2 years.

1. Waking up in the morning, if I don’t eat anything for 1-2 hours I can on occasion start feeling anxious and get “internal shakes” feeling on edge. This subsides as soon as I eat something even a small piece of fruit and a handful of nuts. This can sometimes also come when I havent eaten in a few hours and am subjected to cold (seems to trigger anxiety) I have had blood work done my fasting insulin tested and it seems fine at a 4.5 level. So I am putting this down to Adrenal burnout but would like to have your take?
    2. Supplement wise I am currently just taking 2-3Grams of Fish oil per day and 200mg of Magnesium with breakfast, are there any other essentials you would recommend like a B-Complex etc?
    3. I am looking to buy a plain unflavoured protein powder (to use for on the go breakfasts and post workout) and seem to be edging towards some high quality Whey but would like to know whether you would recommends getting an egg white based protein powder instead to stay more in line with Paleo eating.
    4. I find a Low Carb Cottage Cheese to be a fairly decent on the go protein source and use it on occasion (1-2 times a week max). What is your view on this stuff and do you consider it as bad as other dairy products?

Thanks for taking the time with this. All the best in 2010,

Chris

30. Sue says

Robb said:
    We will be coming to Australia and NZ also, it will be later in the year but we will be there both for the seminar and to support the book.

Do you know roughly what month and which state in Australia? The eastern states refers to Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra etc AND then there is Perth – Western Australia. Most just go to the Eastern States.
    Who will you be marketing the seminar to – personal trainers, naturopaths?

Sue-
      We will likely hit both sides, if we have come that far might as well. It will be for anyone interested in this material. Main marketing will just be off this site, then more from the publisher when we combine the book tour with the PSS. Looking forward to it!

31. Kari O. says

I would travel anywhere from Maine to Florida to be at an East coast seminar when you have one. Is there a way I can put an alert on my cell so that I know as soon as you post a seminar out here? haha
    Hopefully you’ll hit a few while at a time out here so none of us miss you.
    I’ve never been as linked to a site as I am to yours. thanks for everything!

32. Michael says

I am down for the Oz tour (seeing I am from here)
    Fingers crossed its not late March/early April coz’ will be away.
    Would totally suck!

33. James Hardy says

If you come to Sydney I can personally guarantee 4 attendees already. Crossfit (sorry etc) has gone from 3 gyms to 47 in three years. Paleo eating likewise is going thru the roof. See you out here!

34. Jason says

Supplement show question: any recommendations for kid vitamins (my kids are 2 and 5) — they need to be chewable, I assume something with chelated minerals, etc., but if you know of any great products/have general advice, that’d be very helpful. thanks!

35. Paul LaFrance says

Robb, Please, Please, Please come to the Carolina Coasts. We always get left behind. Big community down here. I’m pushing MEBB on all my clients at my gym. MEBB and Paleo…the ONLY way to go!