I just have to get through this week of work… When school gets out for the summer… After graduation… Once I get a new job… When the kids are out of the house… If I get rid of this little bit of belly fat… When the scale hits that magic Read more…Continue Reading →
Amy Kubal is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian specializing in the Paleo Diet and performance nutrition. She holds both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Food Science and Human Nutrition from Colorado State University. Amy works with both serious and recreational athletes as well as with individuals looking to improve their overall health and performance through diet and lifestyle.
She is the consultant dietitian for Joe Friel’s TrainingBible Coaching, The Whole9, and Boot Camp Pasadena. She works with a broad range of clients including Olympic rower Ursula Grobler, two time Kettlebell World Champion Lorna Kleidman, numerous IronMan triathletes, professional bikers, marathoners, CrossFit games competitors, MMA fighters, and everyday athletes. Additionally, Amy has helped many clients optimize body composition and manage or recover from autoimmune and diet related diseases: cancer, diabetes, heart disease, IBS, renal failure, lupus, and more.
Amy believes that “real food” is the key to optimal health and performance. She is a firm believer in and advocate of The Paleo Diet. The Paleo eating style has the ability to prevent and reverse many disease processes, enhance athletic performance and increase quality of life. She has observed its effects on health and performance not only in her clients but also as an endurance athlete herself.
Amy understands that everyone has unique needs and responds differently to diet, training, and recovery. Her nutrition plans and counseling techniques are tailored to meet individual needs, schedules and lifestyles. She will do everything she can to help you reach your full potential!
“The Trouble Shooter” – Nutrition Evaluation & Recommendations
- Review and evaluation of your current diet.
- Suggestions to improve or modify it to help you meet your goals.
- This is great for those who are already Paleo and just need to fine tune things to get it all dialed in.
“The Road Map” – Meal Planning
- This program is designed for those needing structure.
- Includes a ‘flexible’, easy to implement meal plan that can be tailored to fit your preferences!
- The plan and recommendations are based on information you provide (goals, lifestyle, etc.)
- You will also receive a helpful information guide detailing how to use the plan and some great, simple recipes to get you started.
- This plan is tailored to fit you and give you control!
All That And a Bag of Grass-fed Jerky
- This program is designed for those with special diet concerns: feeding the family, complex health issues, frequent travel, serious athletic goals, or who are implementing Paleo for the first time.
- It includes everything listed above plus a 60 minute consult call and additional materials based on your unique situation.
Get Low-Carb: Ketogenic Protocol and Meal Plan
- If you or someone you love is facing a serious and difficult health situation such as cancer, neurologic disorder (epilepsy, Parkinson’s etc.), autism, ALS, PCOS, or would like to implement a ketogenic protocol for another reason; then this is the plan for you.
- It includes a ketogenic meal plan template, 7-day sample menu, and the guidelines and information that you need to make it all work.
- All recommendations are based on your unique situation and needs.
“But I Need a Gatekeeper…” – 3 Month Nutrition Coaching/Counseling Program
- Sometimes it helps to know someone is looking out for you! If you need some accountability and extra help getting started or keeping you honest – look no further!
- Weekly 30 minute Skype or phone consultation.
- Three question, concerns, follow-up emails per week.
- This package is designed to help you get going, stay on track, and trouble shoot day-by-day!
30 minute Face-to-Face, Phone or Skype Consultations
Once weekly email check-ins for 1-month
“I’m a Nutrition Student/Professional/etc. (or aspiring to be) and I’ve got questions!!!”
This option is designed for those that are interested in the paleo nutrition field and have questions! Provides guidance on how to put a ‘Paleo swing’ on recommendations and provides support via twice weekly emails to help answer your questions and guide you on the ‘paleo path’.
- Registered Dietitians and/or ‘Nutritionists’ with questions or looking to move in the paleo direction.
- Current nutrition students wondering, “what’s next?”
- Those interested in pursuing an education in the nutrition field.
60 minute Face-to-Face, Phone or Skype Consultations
Recent Blog Posts
Let’s take a trip to the grocery store. We’ll start in the refrigerated meat and cheese section. All the ‘usual suspects’ are present – Louis Rich, Oscar Mayer, Carl Buddig, the Kraft family has a nice showing and Applegate Farms even made it. Looking a bit further there’s also some Read more…Continue Reading →
We’re gonna start this mini-novel with a story about someone that I know very well (total nutcase, seriously). This individual has been Paleo for about 3-4 years now. She’s definitely not ‘militant paleo’ – but with the exception of an occasional, sane, off-road – pretty darn close. Her training – Read more…Continue Reading →
It’s 7 pm, most people are winding down after a full day’s work and are looking forward to hitting the sack in a few hours. These folks have been up since 6 am, when they woke from a full night’s sleep. While this is likely the story for most of Read more…Continue Reading →
You’re in the market for a new car – you find an awesome deal on a really sweet brand spanking new ride and you jump on it. You drive the car home and you like it a lot – it rides smooth, looks great and is, yeah, pretty much perfect. Read more…Continue Reading →