Spicy Warrior Chili
By: Laura Reigel
3 lbs Chili ground sirloin
3 slices of bacon
2 pasilla peppers
1 small yellow onion
4-6 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 28 oz can of tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes if you like it chunky)
1 1/2 cups beef bone broth
2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 ground coriander
1/4 cup fresh oregano or 1 tsp ground
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp Braggs apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to test
green or white onions for garnish.
Instructions: 1. Dice bacon and render fat remove bacon or leave in.
2. Brown meat in bacon fat with a little salt and pepper on med to med-high heat. I make this chili in a 4 qt enamel coated cast iron dutch oven.
3. Dice vegetables. I like them fine. Add to meat, along with garlic, after it is browned well. cook an additional 5-6 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Add spices and coat meat and vegetable mixture.
4. Add tomato paste. Cook a few minutes.
6. Add bone broth to deglaze the pan. Making sure to get all the crunchy goodness off the bottom.
7. Add tomato sauce.
8. Lower heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
9. Add apple cider vinegar and simmer another 10 minutes.
10. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Notes: Serve topped with green onions or diced white onions.
If I serve chili and know there will be non paleo eaters. I usually provide shredded cheddar or jack and sour cream to top the chili.
I hope you enjoy it. This was fun