Get your carts ready and your cameras out. We want to see what foods you and/or your family buy and eat in a week including photos of the purchase receipts. Confused, wondering why and what for? The inspiration for this assignment/project comes from my favorite coffee table book: Hungry Planet: What The World Eats. The book shows photos of what families around the world eat in one week with everything laid out in one shot. It also lists the foods pictured, their costs and the entire bill for the week (this is why we’re requesting pictures of the receipts too!). At the end of all of this we’ll be able to see how eating styles, costs, and family compliance/non-compliance factor into the paleo way of eating around the country and hopefully world!
Here’s what we need:
- Photo(s) of your/your family’s weekly food purchases – this includes restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, and anywhere else you buy any other consumable item. Include ‘non-paleo’ foods too for price comparison and to illustrate that in some cases not all family members are paleo followers.
- Photo(s) of receipts from all food/beverage purchases (this includes bottled water and non-paleo foods too.).
- List of the foods pictured and amount of each. (example: 4 apples, 1 pound grassfed ground beef, etc.)
- Any other photos of meals you prepared, shots of your family eating, grocery store shelves, farmers markets, etc. to help illustrate the culture are welcome.
- I highly recommend looking at this slide show and/or checking out the book at your local library to get an idea of how awesome this project could be!
This is going to be fun, eye-opening and a great way to show the rest of the world (paleo or not) what you eat!
- Submit all of your photos (up to 5) and information below: