Book tour and Seminar Update!

Hey everybody! Just wanted to do a little update on what we have cooking for the Paleolithic Solution Seminar and the Paleo Solution book signing tour. The currently scheduled Seminars are:

Aug 28-Monrovia, CA

Sept  4-Brooklynn, NY

Sept 11-Atlanta, GA

Oct 9-Hellerup, Denmark

We will likely have 1-2 more seminars added to the list before the end of the year.

Book signings we have cooking thus far:

Sept 14-Book Release Signing in Ramsey, NJ

Sept 18-Book Release Party in NY City sponsored by John Durant and the NYC Paleo Meetup. Details to follow on this event but it will be FUN!

Sept 21- Lyon’s Books in Chico, CA

Now here is the general flow: We will wrap up the Sept 11 PSS in Atlanta and then head to Ramsey, NJ for the official book release on Sept 14. We will then bounce around the east coast doing book signings every day until the roof-top release party in Ney York on Sept 18th. We will then fly home, spend a day or two doing laundry and playing with Keystone and then kick off the west coast signings in Chico and then work our way down California. The California chunk of the tour will last until ~ Oct 1. Then we will come home, do laundry (play with the cat) and then head to Denmark.

In all likelihood we will hit the central states, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand early in 2011. We have also had big requests/pre-orders in Japan so we will likely try to hit there at some point.

I will have book signing hours, street addresses and more details in a few days.

How can you guys help?

I’m used to being the “helper” so this is a little tough for me…but I REALLY need ya’alls help. I have some specific ideas that I will throw out later but here are a few for now:

1-Timed purchases. If you want to pre-order the book, try to make the purchase between 6-7PM PST and 6-7AM PST. This can boost the book to the top of Amazon’s ranking which drags it onto the front page. It’s like jumping into a slip-stream and it really ramps up further sales.

2-Multiple purchases. If you are buying more than 1 book (thank you for buying any)  if you buy those books in separate purchases it registers each book. If you buy 10 books in one purchase, it only registers as 1 book.

3-Media. If you have contact with local TV, newspaper or radio, help me to get on these mediums. When we release the signing schedule you can see if you are near the locations. If so, and if you have some pull with media, let me know (via the contact page) and we will do our best to get some air-time. My publisher is working on this as well but it’s far more effective if we know someone who knows someone.

Ok, more to follow! Thank you in advance for the help and support!

Categories: Events

Comments

1. Jeff says

The estimated arrival date for the copy I pre-ordered from Amazon is 9/16, so I’ll have to buy a second copy to get it signed on 9/14! :)

I have a friend who is a reporter for the Star-Ledger that covers central NJ if you will be coming closer to central NJ.

Robb, be sure I will do all I can to promote your book and I know many others out there are damn ready to do the same. We’re not just helping you…we are helping us and the modern world to better deal with a global predicament that is killing millions. It’s about debunking myths, exploding conventional “wisdom” and regain our evolutionary birthright of health, strength, happiness and freedom…let alone…intelligence.
    This book can change lives. It will change many. Thanks for what you do.

3. Mark - Indy says

Dude — this is total awesomeness. I’m happy for you and wish you the best on the book tours.

Go get ‘em!

Mark

4. Matt Lentzner says

Looking forward to the book although I liked the old cover better. This one makes the book look like an airport bookshack read. I know the publisher thinks this means more sales. I just wish you didn’t have to tart it up.

Just got some blood work done and I had a few questions.

To review: 41 yo male. 5’10” 200# ~13% bf, IT job – Currently working out 3x week with 1 crossfitty WOD and 2 max efforty days. Continue to have recovery issues although it’s been better lately. Did a 30 day Paleo challenge about 2 mos ago and lost 10# of fat but may have adversely impacted recovery. Been a lot more lax lately (mostly added dairy) and weight and comp stayed the same.

HDL: 48, TriG: 51, LDL: 215, A1c:5.1%, VitD: 29, CRP: 1.1

I was hoping for a higher HDL. My notes say that high intensity exercise raises that number, but I’m pretty maxed out there. TriG is awesome. LDL is super high. Is that anything to be concerned with? I say “no” since my TriG is so low.

Lowish VitD is also puzzling since I’ve really been making an effort to get outside every day at lunchtime and catch a few rays.

Any comments are appreciated.

Matt

5. Squatchy says

I just signed up for the Atlanta seminar, *insert wookie roar*!
    I’m guessing that’s the only time you’re coming around this area (GA, SC, NC)?
    I have the book pre-ordered @ Amazon, guessing it will be here the week after the seminar, so I’ll probably just miss getting it signed :(
    BTW thanks for answering another one of my questions in the podcast, you guys rock.
    I’ll try to help get the word out about the book, would love to help any way I can.

6. Giovanni says

Hi Robb
    Trying everything i can to promote the book from the European side of the pond!
    Are you planning any other seminars in Europe after Denmark? Otherwise i’ll try and see you there.
    Giovanni

7. Jeff says

Hey Robb. Any chance you’ll have some advanced copies of the book available for purchase at the Atlanta seminar?

8. David says

Yo Robb – I really think a ton of sharing FB links and getting folks to cross post will help get the word out.

PS – Can’t wait for the book.

David

David-
      that’s an idea I had. Have folks take a picture of themselves, holding the book in the book store. Tag me as the book…then it’s shipped around to all the friends. We’ll see how it goes!

9. Stefan Melnyk says

Congratulations Robb. I’m an avid listener (no. 8 or 9 I think) of the paleolithic solution podcast and can’t wait to read your book.

10. Steven says

Glad to see that they have the “Look Inside” feature up and running on Amazon. Holy Cats! What I have read so far is fantastic! Great job! But then again I really was not expecting anything less.

Will there be a Kindle edition as well?

11. Brenden says

Hi Robb,

Just wanted to say that i can’t wait to read the book! I am really hopeing when you hit Canada you come close enough I can drive and check it out!
    Also any word on an Ereader edition for the book?

Thanks for all the hard work and education!!

12. Robert Laken says

Congrats on the book!
    As a listener of the podcast and a visitor to this site I’ve learned a lot about the Paleo approach. I’m wondering what the book offers that the podcast and blog don’t offer? I want to know why I should buy the book if it covers concepts I’m already familiar with thru the podcast and blog. I guess I need a sales pitch.

Thanks

13. thea says

i just signed up for a movnat one day seminar in austin tx, totally psyched!
    also why are there no dates for texas…please come to my gym!!!!! its a big state with lots of people!!

thea

14. Matt Lentzner says

Cool, my 15 minutes of fame.

I was fasted. How can I tell if the it was direct or calculated? I got the results online and I don’t see any indication of one or the other. I can send an email to the doctor if you think it would help.

A little more background. CV disease is pretty much unknown in my family. High blood pressure is a problem on my father’s side. My BP was 110/68 so no issues there. I also had a grand uncle with stupid high cholesterol and he lived into his 90’s and was very healthy right up to his last couple years.

I hope I didn’t come off as a douche about the cover. Maybe all I’m saying is sometimes capitalism sucks. I am totally looking forward to the book and I have a feeling a lot of my family and friends will be getting it for Christmas.

You’re my hero.

Matt

15. David Wood says

Robb:

Can you guys (or your publisher) prepare a “press release” . . . ideally one with standard language good for any date, and then a customizable paragraph for each local appearance (with date, time, place, etc.)?

If you have that, people can ship it to their local papers in each location . . . most are critically hungry for content and will often be happy to run any well-written material as a “local interest” story. Need 3 – 6 weeks lead time, though.

Finally, wow!!!! I’ve got mine on pre-order. I don’t even know you Robb but after following you here for so long I feel so PROUD of you! Can’t wait to read it then meet you when your book tour brings you here to Montreal. COME ON UP!! :-)) Congratulations! And thanks for all that you do.

17. AmyP says

Cannot fracking wait! And I sincerely hope the bottom of the book says “Paleo-Shenanigans” like it does here???

I plan to buy a bunch of copies and hand them out to people who ask me questions about my diet. Maybe reading the info will help convince them that I’m not crazy? Def a must-have for each crossfit box out there!

18. Justin says

Can’t wait to read it Robb! Ordered one for me, and one for the folks in a last ditch effort to convince them to attempt a paleo diet. I figure if you can’t sell them, no one can! Be sure and add TX on the list of places to drop a PSS or book tour next year too.

19. ChrisCFW says

Hi Robb,

Hit me up via email if there’s anything I can do on the UK front.

Looking forward to the release :-)

Chris

Robb, if you are headed to Montana during your travels, we’d love to have you drop by our box for a paleo chat and book sales/signing. We’ve got about 50 athletes here and a several are paleo devotees. Got mine pre-ordered already and will have it in hand if I can catch you somewhere other than rural Montana. Thanks for all that you and Nikki do.

21. michele says

durn, you have too many friends on fb already! was gonna send you a request for more better book promotion thingies.

22. Carlye says

Hi Robb.

I’m so excited to read you said you are coming to Australia!

I only read The Paleo Diet 2 weeks ago, then I found your podcasts on iTunes, and am working my way through them

23. Carlye says

(sorry, got cut off)
    I have been eating the Paleo way for 1 week now, and am LOVING it.
    Can’t wait to see you Down Under.
    – Carlye

24. Joe Thompson says

I have the book pre-ordered through Amazon.com. I am currently deployed to lovely Afghanistan. I didn’t see any Afghanistan locations on your tour. Why the heck not? (Joke) How can I get an autographed copy of the book. I have no problem purchasing another copy, I would just really like an autographed one.

Joe Thompson, TSgt, USAF

Come to Powell’s in Portland Oregon it’s is the largest independent used and new bookstore in the world. Vancouver WA right next door had the 2010 CF affiliate champion. I would promote the shit out of you with my news lady friend in Eugene OR so I know you would have a line of people.

Hey Robb, really looking forward to your New Zealand visit. If you have a media release, I can try to find people who know people and see if we can’t jack you up with some interviews here in New Zealand. Be good to get you on Breakfast TV or on one of the evening news shows.

27. Rehif Murray says

Congratulations on the book!!! Since I’ve started listening to the Podcast and changing my diet, I’ve seen amazing improvements in my Thyroid symptoms, better times and heavier weights across the board, and an overwhelming increase in energy! Can’t wait to get my copy of the book!

28. zach says

where is the Chi-town love?!?!!? We’d LOVE to have you in Illinois at CrossFit Fire!! Give a shout and a how-to on setting that up!

29. Mo says

Don’t forget about us up here in the PNW! Seattle would love tohave you back and maybe the sun will shine for you……….

Hey Robb,
    I just started out, both crossfit and paleo are recent additions to my life. I’ve been following the paleo diet, for a couple weeks now, and have lost some weight. Although I don’t really understand the principles/science of it all, and the nomenclature is a bit greek to me. I can’t wait to own my own copy or 2 or 3 of your book. I’d love to have the opportunity to attend a seminar. I was wondering if there will be any seminars in beautiful Northern California sometime?

31. Andrea says

I live in Saint George Utah and would like to attend a seminar. Do you think you will be coming this way or to the Provo area anytime soon?

32. Jireh says

Hey Robb. Love the podcasts with you and Andy. I’ve just bought your book (2 copies) and live downunder in Sydney. Yes, yes…come and tour Australia.

By the way, don’t come in your summer (June/July/Aug). We do have a winter and weatherwise, it’s a bit ordinary. Sept through to April is a good time.

Jireh

Hi there, I discovered your site by way of Google even as looking for a comparable subject, your web site got here up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.