Whole 9 Seminars!

Hey there! I wanted to let y’all know about Whole 9 Workshops offered by Dallas Hartwig and Melissa Urban.

As I’ve progressed through this seminar gig over the past few years I have noticed a few things:

1-Many people would like a second day of nutrition lecture related to advanced material. That is in the works, I mention that briefly in the PSS Podcast#15 due out this coming Tuesday.

2-Many people NEED more help getting their food dialed in. Although I spend a significant part of my day on how to customize one’s chow for any occasion, some folks just want a little more help and attention, similar to the fact some folks want to learn a little more of the technical details. Melissa and Dallas present a solid day focussed on how to make your food fit YOUR needs. Not only are Dallas and Melissa solid on the technical side of nutrition,  but they really focus on the how to. The folks who are attending the PSS in Hoboken should consider checking out the Whole 9 seminar at CrossFi Albany on April 24th.

I will not be able to attend one of these events for a while, if anyone attending is game for a write-up for the blog that would be awesome!

Categories: Events, Paleo Diet Basics

Comments

1. Warren says

I’m attending the upcoming whole 9 event at Crossfit 215 in Philly on the 27th of this month. Thinking I would realy like to do the Hoboken PSS as well. I hope their is room in brain for all this info.

2. Marshall says

This is really scary. I didn’t read the actual paper but if it checks out, this may be one for the podcast.

Thousands of kids were tracked through adulthood. Obese children were way more likely to die before age 55!

Check out the stat on glucose levels.

“Adults who had the highest body mass index scores as children were 2.3 times as likely to have died early as those with the lowest scores, and those with the highest glucose levels were 73 percent more likely to have died prematurely.”

3. Matt Lentzner says

Rob,

I remember on a podcast you counseled an overweight guy to lean out first before trying to put on muscle. I am pretty familiar with Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength program, and I am pretty sure he would say the opposite – gain muscle first and then worry about getting lean once you are strong. The theory being that an overweight person is already working from a caloric surplus (fat stores) so is in a good position to make strength gains. A skinny dude is hampered by the fact that he has to get a little fat first before he can make any strength gains. This makes logical sense, and I don’t think Mark invented it. It seems to be the consensus in the strength community.

Can you speak to your lean first method and explain how this works practically and biologically? It seems a bit counter-intuitive compared to the conventional model of how the body gains.

See you in March,

Matt

4. Geoff says

Hi Robb

Any plans for seminars in UK?
    Also I sent email recently re (mesothelioma) cancer and diet, is that on yr backlog of queries to respond to?

Best

Geoff

Robb – general question on the Super Enzymes/HCL:

In my piecing together of OPT/Poliquin’s method, I started with 1 tab of the Now Foods Super Enzymes after each meal on day 1; two tabs on Day 2 after each meal; three tabs on Day 3….

I’m on Day 6 and had six tabs after breakfast – still no burning sensation.

All my meals contain protein.

I usually drink a decent amount of coffee, sometimes with coconut milk, after each meal, do you think that could be a factor?

I had really bad GERD for three years which ended about two years ago after being on 95% Paleo for a year.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I’m attending the King of Prussia seminar on the 28th. I’m already taking photos for Melissa, would be happy to provide notes for you too. Are you looking for an outline of info presented? Something that’s detailed enough to be a reference point? Just point me in the right direction so I get what you need.

Best,
    Meghan

Paleo-
      Ah, gotcha. Well, Dallas has a doctorate in PT, so he has the science down just fine. Both he and Melissa have worked extensively with clients, attended my gigs and put significant time into continuing education. Their main focus is in meal planning and lifestyle mod. Many people have NO interest in the “why” just the “how” and this is a perfect fit for what they are up to.

I have no financial ties to what they are doing, I have jsut worked with them and believe in their abilities AND intentions.
      I hope that helps

7. Steve says

Paleo

I followed Melissa’s Whole30 program and lost over 50 lbs without being hungry. Her program was so easy a Caveman can do it.

8. paleolithic411 says

Small clarification,
    Dallas Hartwig has a Master’s degree in physical therapy, not a doctorate, and no formal nutrition training outside of a few crossfit classes. This should be made clear to people attending his classes.

Just a heads up for those of you in the Philly/Baltimore area, Melissa and Rob are coming to my place November 21st, and will be in MD on the 20th. If you missed out KOP or some of the other recent ones, here’s a great chance to get here.